Create trackable e-mail with Thunderbird
In this post we are going to explain how to create a tracked e-mail using Thunderbird and PastePixel. We highly recommend you use Thunderbird as it allows you to easily embed HTML-code.
You can either watch the video or follow the steps below.
Before getting started, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Set up Thunderbird with your e-mail account on your computer.
- Have a registered PastePixel account.
- Go to your PastePixel dashboard.
- Press the plus-button to create a new mail tracking.
- Make sure to add yourself to the blacklist to prevent tracking yourself.
- Enter the name of your mail tracking
- If you want to track certain URLs, add them under the Trackable URLs section.
- Go to Thunderbird and create a new e-mail (Write new message).
- Enter the recipients, subject and body as you usually would.
- If you want to add the trackable URLs (from step 5) then you have to insert a link. Copy the trackable URL from PastePixel and paste it as the link location. Do this for each trackable URL.
- If you want to add the tracking pixel you have to go to Insert > HTML… in Thunderbird. There you want the paste the trackable pixel embed code from PastePixel. Make sure to add this pixel only once.
- Now you are ready to send your e-mail.
- Go to your dashboard and press the created mail tracking, there you’ll see all tracked data as soon as your recipients get tracked.
Created: 18-June-2019 16:40
Last updated: 20-June-2019 17:07